Thursday, June 26, 2014

Signing Off

This is a personal post, from your friendly Social Ninja, Anna, to all of you. You may or may not know that I've been the blogger and social media manager for Eliminate Poverty NOW for the last two and a half years, and it has been great--John and Judy have been wonderfully supportive and delightful to work with, and I've loved being a part of improving lives. I have learned so much since my first post, where I introduced myself to all of you (if you're up to it, you can read it here).

The design on my t-shirt is an old book cover
for S.E. Hinton's "The Outsiders." I really am a book nerd.
I've been pursuing a career as a school librarian for the past year or so, and I am very pleased to announce that I have been offered a full-time position doing just that! It's very exciting, but will require another Master's degree, and I have found my attention more and more divided. This doesn't feel fair to me, to John and Judy, to EPN, or to you, and so I've made the bittersweet decision to leave my position with EPN. I believe strongly in doing things to the best of my ability, and it's time for me to focus my energies on this new chapter.

That being said, I'll be keeping an eye on the EPN news, and I hope you'll all still be here, supporting amazing people and a wonderful organization. It's been a real pleasure getting to blog here and connect with all of you! And don't worry--I happen to know that John and Judy are going to find someone great to continue to bring you the latest and greatest EPN news.

All that's left to say is thank you. Thank you, Judy and John, for a wonderful opportunity to be a part of the important work you do. And thank you to all of you, for reading. It really means a lot.

I won't say goodbye, but I will say see you later. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment